Land Transfer Tax in Ontario
Purchasers in Ontario can add Land Transfer Taxes to their list of closing costs.
These taxes, levied on properties that are changing hands, are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Calculate How much do you need to pay
First-Time Homebuyer in Ontario View: Land Transfer Refund
You are eligible for both Provincial and Municipal Tax Credit
Ontario – Land Transfer Tax Calculation Calculate: Your Land Transfer Tax
- Land Transfer Tax Up to $55,000 X .5 % of total property value
- From $55,000 to $250,000 X 1 % of total property value
- From $250,000 to $400,000 X 1.5 % of total property value
- From $400,000 up X 2 % of total property value
- Example: If you purchase a property for $260,000 in Ontario, for example, .5 per cent is charged on the first $55,000, 1 per cent is charged on $55,000 – $250,000, while the $250,000 – $400,000 range is taxed at 1.5 per cent. Your total tax bill? $2,375.00
Land Transfer Reference Table – The above chart illustrates Land Transfer Tax in Ontario for your reference only.
Your individual land transfer tax calculation should be calculated and verified by your solicitor.
The following chart is based on the Land Transfer Tax (LTT) levied by the Province of Ontario
For additional information please contact the Ontario Ministry of Finance at 905-433-6361 (for provincial land transfer tax questions) or the City of Toronto at 416-338-0338 (for Toronto land transfer tax questions).
More Information on Land Transfer Taxes in Ontario and Toronto